Thursday, January 29, 2009

FSU v. UNCP coined the Two Rivers Classic

There's a new name to the UNCP/Fayetteville State gridiron rivalry set to begin Aug. 29 (Labor Day Weekend) at Nick Jeralds Stadium in Fayetteville: The Two Rivers Classic.

Umm, come again? Yeah, it makes sense since the Lumbee and Cape Fear are near both Universities, but c'mon. How about a fan vote? Some suggestions maybe? I thought the I-95 Divide had a nice ring to it. Maybe the Blue-Gold Showdown?

More details and information coming on this blog after the official press luncheon Feb. 6.

FayObserver's notes on rivalry

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well the students DID vote to name the student section at basketball BRAVEHEARTS. I think the whole voting thing should be put on the back burner after that

Lesley said...

HAHAHA I really like "I-95 Divide!" But it sounds a little Western (Cowboy country) for our area. LOL
[Great blog, Brad!]

Brad Crawford said...

Preciate the comments!