Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Going Deep with UNCP - First Entry

If Nike’s late-90s “chicks dig the long ball” phrase still has life, co-eds should be flocking to Sammy Cox Field at The University of North Carolina at Pembroke this season.

I've decided to make a season-long homerun tally blog that charts each dinger the Braves hit this season. I'll try to describe each bomb as best as I can if I see it live. Let's see if anyone can eclipse some of Jason Morales' moonshots last season.

Braves (4-2) batters have shown an early knack for power through the first six games, connecting on nine homeruns including three dingers from returning slugger Keith Whitman (pictured left).

I have only seen one homer LIVE and that was in yesterday's 13-9 loss to Pfeiffer. Seth Kivett went deep to right on the first pitch he saw from a Falcons' middle relief pitcher. More to come following UNCP's four-game set with Millersville this weekend.

UNCP HR TALLY THROUGH SIX GAMES = 9

No comments: